Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Nas vs. Jay Z (Who's album is better and who's better period)

Deja Vu all over again, well not really this time there is no beef, but that does not mean we can't still compare two of the best rappers of our generation. This will become a very popular post because both these guys have very loyal fans. Let me put it out there early, I'm a straight Jay-z fan all the way, I use to be a Nas fan but I switched to Jay around 2001. Even though Nas won the battle I think Jay won the war in the long run if you compare their success. Don't get me wrong Nas is a far deeper rapper than Jay, but Jay's swag and confidence is what people are drawn to. You know the same one that Lil Wayne is copying but that's another subject. Jay Z has far better punch lines than Nas does, come to think of it Nas does not have that much punch lines at all, anyway that's where I stand with both these guys. I just heard Nas's album "Hip Hop Is Dead" and I liked it allot more than Jay-Z's album "Kingdom Come", truthfully I think Jay's album sucks and that's coming from a fan. It's his worst album to date and not good for a return album. Even though he sold 640,000 copies his first week, his sales dropped 80 percent the second week to 150,000 copies, plus there a rumors circling that Def Jam bought 250,000 copies in the first week. Nas definitely has a ill album as much as I don't want to admit it, I liked almost every track on it while I only liked 4 tracks from Jay's. So as far as their current album goes I think Nas won that battle but as far as the rest of their career goes I think Jay got it. That's is where I stand.

Questions:
Who do you think won the Nas vs Jay Battle?
Which album is better "Kingdom Come" or "Hip Hop is Dead"?
Who do you think is the better rapper?
Give me you're feedback, be one of the first to share you're thoughts.
You know the deal keep it funky.

P.S. Here is hot track form Nas feat Jay-Z called "Black Republican" (This is history in the making)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay-z all the way, Nas contridict himself too much, one day he's a gangsta the next day he's trying to preech to niggas. I did'nt hear the Hip Hop Is Dead album yet, but I like Jay new album.

Anonymous said...

I'm going with Nas homey, it's not always about the money.

Unknown said...

jay z is hot but nas is definitely the best...nas takes it hands down!!

Anonymous said...

Nas has the better album, but Kingdom Come is not a garbage album, the black album it is not, but it's still COLD.

Anonymous said...

i'm got give it to Nas. his album was way better. i think jay is bored.(it's sad i know )

Anonymous said...

We all know how great jay is lyricaly-And as great as nas is too he can often lose u in the verse..However if u ask me at this moment which albulm i like better.. right now..Gotta say hip hop is dead...Kindom come is fine..But,i think that album's gonna take a minute to grow on me.

Unknown said...

NAS MY NIGGGGGGGGGGGA NAS all tha way.no doubt

Anonymous said...

NAS is 100000000000000000000 times better than jay-z

Anonymous said...

These words come deep from my heart nas is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeest Raper of all time's, nas is hip ho

Anonymous said...

nas my nigger is the best raper than an other raper liveing yo, for sure niggers?

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape